We have an opening for a Director of Children’s Ministry!
Position: Director of Children’s Ministry
Classification: Part-time ministry staff (approx. 15 hours per week including Sundays)
Reports to: Pastor Bill Kiewiet
To lead, organize and encourage our families involved with children’s ministry in these areas:
- Recruit and develop nursery/toddler workers, teachers (Sunday School and Children’s church) and VBS volunteers.
- Develop and sustain staffing schedules and directly support vacancies
- Develop and refine current and future programs/review prospective curriculum.
- The ability to receive feedback, and have an attitude of reconciliation when difficulties come up.
- Serve as Family Ministry Committee member and as a Parent Liaison.
- Plan annual children’s ministry budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a heart for children.
- Previous experience leading volunteers, preferably in children’s ministry.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with volunteers.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Consistent Christ-like character.
- Member of Oakwood Bible Church with regular church attendance.
Apply by filling out the form below and following the instructions.
We may require a written signature for the required background check.
Alternatively you can print out the paper application fill it out and return to Mike Strunk or Blair Hegner with a copy of your resume.
Child Discipline Policies and Procedures